Complete ignorance? I ran a USENET server professionally eleven years ago. And it was a dead-end technology back then. I don't care how many people use it, it does not scale. It's no longer a good technology, and it is fundamentally unsound. It can not be patched up to be relevant. I don't think you realize that you can put a coat of fresh paint on a piece of poop but it will still smell. There are viable alternatives to USENET NEWS (happy now Adrian? :). They can even be made blind / low-bandwidth / grumpy old man friendly. I suggest you start moving to them now. Jeffrey. P.S. By the way, your methods of debate are rather stale - using "ad hominem" over and over again makes you look a bit one-dimensional. The "complete ignorance" line you use has been seen too often, I suggest that you either learn how to debate using facts and learned methods or at least come up with newer insults. Ciao. On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 11:43 AM, Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins@tarcanfel.org> wrote:
Thousands of posts by tens of thousands of people on tens of thousands of topics clearly indicate your own complete ignorance of the subject.
-- "He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself." -- Thomas Paine