Buying a New Laptop

Jack quiet_celt at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 27 22:54:15 CDT 2011

I don't see the issue with 16:9 vs 16:10. Maybe, I'm just unnatural. I don't find my laptop hard to use. Nor is it painful.
I actually like it. I've stuck my task panel on the side of the screen, freeing up that space at the bottom. Never liked that on the bottom anyway. Now the panel is on the side and out of my way, and I lose no screen real estate in the process.

Also, my laptop has a Realtek gigabit ethernet and it's never caused any trouble. So not seeing the issue about Realtek. I suppose it's all dependent on what kind of parts you get inside. Every maker has some cheap wimpy device that is a pain. But nothing ever stays the same companies with good parts one day have junk the next. Who'd have thought a few years ago that Gigabyte would be making the absolute best MBs? Although that comment may spark a religious war.

My HP dv7 isn't top of the line, but it's not ultra cheap either. Everything works save the fingerprint scanner, and no one has a driver for it yet. I had to tweak nothing. Not even the video camera which kicked in on me one night in a chat. It was quite a surprise to see my ugly mug staring back at me. Then again my wife's ultra-cheap Black Friday Asus special has run flawlessly for years. Best damn stocking stuffer I ever bought. Go figure. Sound is a bit on the weak side though. What'd'ya want for $200?

Jack