Buying a New Laptop

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 14:09:35 CDT 2011

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Glenn Robuck <techravingmad at gmail.com>wrote:

> I dont find that the adjustment to 16x9 is such a big deal, it does change
> the size of my windows and I have to have them a bit higher up though.

It's an adjustment that's painful and you have to mess around with your
screen to get it "more or less okay" because 16:9 is ass.  Here's why:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_rectangle  16:10 is naturally pleasing
to the eye.

The only reason people make excuses for it being "not much of an adjustment"
is because *there is no alternative*.  You can't buy a PC laptop (and we're
nearly there with desktop LCDs) that aren't 16:9.  Well, there's one
alternative.  Apple laptops.  That said, their 11" MacBook Air is now 16:9.
 I dread the day Apple announces a new line and it's *all* 16:9.  I guess
I'll just have to find a new hobby because interacting with a computer will
suck.

--
Chris