Buying a New Laptop

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Apr 22 12:05:12 CDT 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 11:30, Christofer C. Bell <
christofer.c.bell at gmail.com> wrote:

> The only vendor I'm aware of that still offers them is Apple, hence why I
> only use Apple laptops (and would even were I running Windows or Linux
> exclusively).

Except that, if this is going to be a *Linux* laptop you'd be dealing with
Alps pointing device, NVidia+Intel hybrid graphics and Broadcom wireless.
Why put yourself through that kind of driver pain when laptops with equal
design and 1st-class supported hardware are readily available for 20% less?