Buying a New Laptop

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 01:28:42 CDT 2011

I'd like to add that I've used Dell's cheapy servers for years at home and
have never had any problems with their Linux support.  Well put together and
quiet, too.

I run Fedora 14 on an E6510 at work and all of my hardware worked out of the
box, including the video and the built in camera.  Nice laptop overall.

That all said, if you want a well put together laptop, want exceptional
battery life, and are willing to work a little bit harder you might look at
the lower end Macbook Pros and Airs.  I haven't tried to Boot Camp Linux on
there, but I've heard of folks having luck.  I have a 15" Macbook Pro and
it's a wonderful piece of hardware - all other laptops feel like cheap crap
compared to it.

Jeffrey