Buying a New Laptop

Glenn Robuck techravingmad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 21:17:36 CDT 2011

I run linux on my Latitude E6500 (and it runs just as well on the E6510) and
it works out of the box.

Those are well outside the $1000 budget that was first stated, but linux
runs great on any and all the Dell laptops I've ever used.  I only listed
their ubuntu page because it's a linux offering.

I know that Dell also sells "no os" or freeDOS machines too but I didn't see
any laptops on their site.  You could always go through the Dell outlet and
buy from there and the discount would put you under or near the $1000 mark.

Regardless, the Dell Latitude line work great as a linux laptop.