Buying a New Laptop

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Tue Apr 19 19:59:12 CDT 2011

That's great that they are doing that, but their Linux laptop offerings are
lame.  They offer a 10" and a 13".  Woah.  Don't get carried away with the
option there.  And it's Ubuntu 9.10.  Great.  18 month old release that's
not even an LTS release, so it's unsupported out of the box.  1GB of RAM,
can't increase it.

And they wonder why no one buys them.  Sheesh.

I appreciate that you've had good luck with them, and I'm sure their Windoze
machines are just fine.  Just no point in buying a Linux laptop from them.

Thanks,
Jim