Decompilers

Jeffrey Watts jeffrey.w.watts at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 01:29:57 CST 2009

Luke, please think through things before you post.  It's really easy to
create scenarios to disprove your statements.

1) Walking down the street on the sidewalk isn't a crime.
2) While walking down the street on the sidewalk, Bob trips over his feet
(because he's clumsy or whatever) and falls on Mary, breaking her nose.
This is an accident, and thus is not illegal as there are exceptions in the
Battery law for situations like this.
3) Bob feels he shouldn't pay all of Mary's medical bills.  He thinks: "hey,
I was hurt too - I bruised my elbow while smashing it into her face.  I
should only have to pay half of her bills."  Bob is not doing anything
illegal, he's just being a douchebag.
4) Mary takes Bob to civil court to recoup her losses.  Mary wins.

Here's another example:

1) Fred and Ginger are married.
2) Turns out they hate each other and want a divorce.
3) Ginger feels that Fred is a crappy father, doesn't do anything around the
house, and doesn't deserve the kids or their money.  She takes his ass to
court.
4) Now, being a lazy, good for nothing a-hole isn't illegal, but it won't
make you look good in divorce court.
5) Ginger goes before the judge and plays that violin like a pro.  Fred is
screwed (and gets screwed until the kids are 18 and Ginger finally marries
that man-ho she's been shacking up with while collecting alimony).

See?  Pretty simple.  I don't know why you always argue these kinds of
things Luke.  I'm sure a real lawyer could explain it much better, but I'll
settle for giving examples that disprove your blanket statements.  The
reality is, however, that people like us don't know the law and probably
ought to leave it to people with a JD.

I think you could have handled it better by saying "I'm sorry Jack, I don't
really know what I'm talking about.  I didn't mean any offense".

Jeffrey.

--

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from
oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that