How do you feel about Windows piracy?

feba thatl febaen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 16:25:44 CDT 2007

I'm curious as to what some of you think of Windows piracy. Do you think
it's alright if it's only done to run software that only works on Windows
due to MS's monopolistic tactics? Do you think it's alright if it replaces
the purchase of a legit copy, as it hurt's MS's profit margin? Do you think
it's always bad? Do you think that software should always be free anyway?
Are your decisions about this based on law or morals?

Personally, I don't pirate software anymore, and it pisses me off to see my
friends downloading *yet another copy of windows* to reinstall with *again*,
instead of trying linux, but that's more about their lack of a brain than it
is piracy.