ITEC-potential FUD or facts worth sharing?

Zscoundrel zscoundrel at kc.rr.com
Sun Sep 30 10:26:03 CDT 2007

I have to agree.  Our ITEC exposer should be to promote Linux and open
source solution, not trash talk 'doze products.

I someone feels strongly enough, they are always welcome to set up a
BADvista booth.  I am in the process of changing jobs so I not planning
to attend.  If I were going to attend, I would be wearing a BADvista
shirt around the exhibit!

However, I would NOT wear any BADvista stuff anytime that I might be
working the Linux booth.

Leo Mauler wrote:

>There's a very good reason why the DeVry Exhibitor
>booth at ITEC isn't full of "l33t BADJCCC swag", and
>that is that DeVry would rather fill your head with
>good publicity about DeVry, rather than fill your head
>with the name "JCCC" and thus crowd out the name
>"DeVry."
>
>As Microsoft has learned over the years, there's no
>such thing as bad publicity.  Even software piracy
>helps them increase their market share, by making sure
>that people will choose Windows even when they can't
>afford retail Windows prices.  These people then teach
>their children Windows rather than Linux, and when the
>kids grow up and get better jobs than their parents
>they buy retail Windows.
>
>If we make the booth about how bad Vista is, we're
>just promoting Vista by making people leave our booth
>thinking about Vista, rather than thinking about
>Linux.
>
>--- Billy Crook <billycrook at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>Oh damn if ITEC weren't during business hours, I
>>would be there with
>>leet BADVISTA swag!
>>
>>On 9/29/07, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>>http://badvista.fsf.org/
>>>
>>>If we *REALLY* wanted to play the mindgaming edge
>>>

>>that could do it.

Help eliminate virus attacks!  Never send *.doc files.  Use *.ODF, *.RTF or *.PDF instead!