ITEC-potential FUD or facts worth sharing?

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 03:49:33 CDT 2007

There's a very good reason why the DeVry Exhibitor
booth at ITEC isn't full of "l33t BADJCCC swag", and
that is that DeVry would rather fill your head with
good publicity about DeVry, rather than fill your head
with the name "JCCC" and thus crowd out the name
"DeVry."

As Microsoft has learned over the years, there's no
such thing as bad publicity.  Even software piracy
helps them increase their market share, by making sure
that people will choose Windows even when they can't
afford retail Windows prices.  These people then teach
their children Windows rather than Linux, and when the
kids grow up and get better jobs than their parents
they buy retail Windows.

If we make the booth about how bad Vista is, we're
just promoting Vista by making people leave our booth
thinking about Vista, rather than thinking about
Linux.