logwatch question

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Sep 29 13:20:06 CDT 2007

I have not been able to fathom the logwatch documentation, which appears to be
targeted at building custom log-parsing filters as opposed to basic control
of the program.  The package distributed by Mandriva is configured to report
httpd errors.  Our site gets way more than 10,000 hits per day, and has been
up for more than ten years.   The error log is several megabytes long, and
logwatch doesn't even summarize, it reports EVERY ERROR.  I don't really need
it to scan the httpd logs, how can I turn that off?