The drifted SCO thread has opened a new arena. "IS there a place for a de facto IP freedom realm"

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:25:56 CDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Oren Beck <orenbeck at gmail.com> wrote:

Can we function under a guideline of honor as a bond? That means a
declaration of mutual self respect for declared IP rights including their
inalienable repudiation from another' profit?

Currently all the Diverse IP statues seem lacking in an instrumentality
where an IP creator can declare their work as property of all while denying
commercial interests from privatising in a restrictive manner such works.

If it's my property, I can restrict it any way I damn please.  This is
exactly why the GPL is a LICENSE, not a conveyance of title.

One proposal is  for granting works their own incarnation.
There is legal precedent for chattels being of limited yet real court
standing.

Simply put that denotes in a better future than we deserve an IP item could
be used but not sold or profited from in a manner that would diminish it's
freedom to others.

You have to explain what you're talking about here.