Phone support - Was Re: Kclug Digest, Vol 39, Issue 9

James Sissel jimsissel at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 17:30:22 CDT 2007

A co-worker and I tried to do phone support for a woman in Cincinnati once for over a week.  Finally had a techie go to her desk and do things for us like send a screen shot.  Found out everything she said she was doing was a lie.  Not even close!

  Jonathan Hutchins <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
  On Tue, October 9, 2007 16:43, David Nicol wrote:

> Ah yes. But walking an illiterate through a GUI over the telephone is
> easier than walking the same illiterate through a CLI. There were people
> I remember talking with when I worked at GW2K, the letters of the
> alphabet were not their friends.

Ah yes, phone support.

"Ok, now hit 'Enter'."

"Ok" Clack. Clackity clackity clackity clackityclack

"Wait, what did you just do?"