Sendmail Help request

Hal Duston hald at kc.rr.com
Sat Mar 10 18:02:03 CST 2007

On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 02:39:23PM -0600, Jeffrey McCright wrote:

> Hal,

Jeff,

> Cool!! You got me one step closer. I am looking at the
> sendmail.mc file now, but I do not see where I can pass
> authentication information to my provider's SMTP Server.  I
> see several entries that look promising, but I am unsure of
> the syntax required. Any help is greatly appreciated.

First verify that SBC requires authentication at all.  I am on
Roadrunner, and they do not require it since I am verifiably on
their network.  If you still require authentication, I found
this which appears to walk you through what is necessary.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/remark,8732573~mode=full

> Thanks,
>
> Jeffrey A. McCright, A+
> jmccright at hotmail.com