Sendmail Help request

Jeffrey McCright jmccright at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:36:42 CST 2007

All,

I have the following system configuration:
Generic White box computer
Intel Celeron 466mhz processor
256 MB RAM
20 GB PATA Hard Drive
ZyXEK U-1496e External Data/Fax/Voice Modem
Realtek 10/100 nic
Red Hat Linux 9
Sendmail v 8.12

Before I go further, I have NO desire to update or upgrade any hardware,
software, or OS in this system!

All devices are working properly. I am using vocp to auto answer my voice
modem, take messages, encode those messages into OGG formatted attachments
and attempting to use sendmail to send my messages to my hotmail or gmail
accounts. Everything works great until I try to send my messages to an
external mailserver. In other words, my messages can be accessed from my
local mail account whe I send them to say root at localhost.localdomain, but
when I try to mail to jmccright at hotmail.com, my messages bounce. I know
absolutely nothing about sendmail and I am using a default configuration of
Sendmail. What am I missing? Is there some change I need to make to my
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf file to allow me to send to external mailservers?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide,

Jeffrey A. McCright, A+
jmccright at hotmail.com
jeff.mccright at gmail.com