Sendmail Help request

Billy Crook billycrook at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 12:52:31 CST 2007

I haven't used sendmail itself, but I can tell you you shouldn't send
directly to the hotmail smtp server.  They probably will block you as spam
because they don't know where you're coming from.  You should relay through
your ISP's outgoing smtp server.  With roadrunner that's
smtp-server.kc.rr.com.  It allows any clients within the RR network to
connect and relay out through it.  If it still bounces, you should make it
appear to come from a RR address like MyAnsweringMachine at kc.rr.com.  The
problem, I'm guessing, has less to do with sendmail, and more to do with
bounce policy at hotmail and other email carriers.