OpenOffice

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Mar 7 08:48:58 CST 2007

Speaking of unsupported software...

I recently added a new Brother laser printer to my network as the default
printer.  Whether that had anything to do with it or not, suddenly OpenOffice
can't open any of it's old documents.  It started out by crashing when asked
to print, cycling through it's "recovering document", but then it started
crashing as soon as the document was opened.  Strangely, this behavior
happened on two different machines.

I joined the #openoffice.org channel on Freenode, hoping for some help in
troubleshooting this problem, and followed it for a couple of days.  Question
after question was asked, and I saw very few answers.  An actual dialog
appears in the channel this morning, but it certainly seems to be  a problem
in search of a solution.