FC4 and tzdata

Monty J. Harder mjharder at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:17:00 CST 2007

On 3/6/07, Jon Moss <mossjon at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Since I've been up to my eyeballs in Microsoft DST
> issues at work, I thought I'd take a breather and make
> sure that my Linux servers were okay with the upcoming
> change.  I was pleased to note that my oldest server
> (running FC2) was fine.

As a fallback position, you can add this line to /etc/environment:

TZ=CST6CDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0

that defines the current ruleset.  I researched this right after the
law was passed, and since have been trying to get the powers that be
at my company to adopt this as the solution for Unices without easy
updates (for SCO and HP-UX, it's /etc/TIMEZONE, but the TZ syntax is
the same).