ITEC Registration Deadline?

Jason D. Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Fri Sep 15 18:08:11 CDT 2006

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 09:34:56 -0700 (PDT)
Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:

> The machine is 600Mhz, PII or PIII, Intel anyway.  I
> had to install Debian 3.1r3.  I wanted to install
> Ubuntu 6.06 on the machine, but Ubuntu refused to get
> past the installer screen and crashed a lot, dropping
> me out of XWindows into a useless user prompt.  I
> tried the Ubuntu Alternate installer CD and that
> crashed a lot too.  I never got Dapper Drake to
> install on that machine.

I think that you would find that Debian Etch beta 3 is quite an improvement over the user experience of 3.1r3. I would suggest installing this instead. Download the full ISO if you go this route; not the net install.

--
Jason D. Clinton
Something clever goes on this line.