linux distro for laptop

RtX riverty at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 13:59:42 CDT 2006

As I'm sure you all know, MS Vista is coming out soon and has "all the
buzz" on the internet. If you have run any of the Vista Beta's (or
RC's) then you know what kind of GUI they are pushing called "Aero
Glass."

So, while tooling around the Linux stuff I ran across a distro called
Sabayon Linux. This distro runs "Beryl" which is like an X overlay
that gives your window manager some very cool eye candy that would
certainly compete with "Aero Glass." I'm currently running the 64-bit
version on my laptop and I must say, "it's slick!" I'm sure that if
people saw this it would "wow" them considerably. There is a downside
to this distro however in that it is Gentoo Linux, not one of the more
"n00by-friendly" distros out there.

There's still time. If someone has a decent (hardware) machine to
install and run Sabayon, it would be an eye-catcher at the show! Check
it out at: http://www.sabayon.org/.

There is a video showing off this great distro on YouTube. Go to
YouTube and search for Sabayon.