linux distro for laptop

Matthew Copple mcopple at gmail.com
Mon Oct 23 07:52:03 CDT 2006

On 10/22/06, steve trog <scuba_steve660022 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> does ubuntu come in one of those books that you can buy at the store, like
> redhat, fedora core or suse does?
> i like to get the ones that come with the book even though im ot new to
> linux im not the master with it.

There are several books out there:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-7745978-8775268?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Ubuntu+Linux&Go.x=0&Go.y=0&Go=Go

Several of the books listed come with a CD or DVD. The ones I know off
the top of my head are:

The Ubuntu Book
Ubuntu Linux: From Novice to Professional
Ubuntu Unleashed

I have seen all three of these books in local B&N, Borders, and
Microcenter, as well as online.

(K)(X)Ubuntu has a wealth of information in the forums and wikis, as well.

--
Matthew Copple
mcopple at gmail.com

"Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the
arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage
of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today's world
do not have."

-- President Ronald Reagan