Semi-OT: IT Degrees (was Re: JFS experiences?)

Leo Mauler webgiant at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 13:31:15 CDT 2006

I know that JCCC has a presence at the ITEC show and
their IT degree program is tech heavy: Linux/UNIX
(three courses of Linux required for the "UNIX
Certificate" program, all using RedHat Enterprise
Linux), Windows, Cisco, LAN Hardware and Cabling.
Nothing like what you find at UMKC's "IT" degree
program, which is why most of my classes won't
transfer.  The ones that do transfer are the "liberal
arts" coursework.

Now if we can only arrange for the UMKC booth folks to
meet the JCCC booth folks and not sneer at them.