Semi-OT: IT Degrees (was Re: JFS experiences?)

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 14:18:01 CDT 2006

On 10/19/06, Leo Mauler <webgiant at yahoo.com> wrote:
>UMKC's "IT" degree program

I took video production I and UMKC and was kind of startled to
hear the professor explain that "We aren't teaching you to do
video production; we're teaching you enough about video production
that you will be able to intelligently assess a potential hire for
a video production position."

I wish UMKC would stop trying to pretend it isn't a third-tier
university and go back to the days when the students would
proudly call it "high school with ashtrays" except then they would
have to bring back the ashtrays.