Semi-OT: IT Degrees (was Re: JFS experiences?)

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu Oct 19 10:36:15 CDT 2006

UMKC is notorious for rejecting any credits it can.  They've even refused to
honor basic common level classes from Missouri Accredited schools, which they
can't do according to their accreditation.  I decided that I didn't want to
fight that hard to get into a school with that kind of attitude, but it is
possible to appeal their decisions.  If they continue to be jerks you can
petition the accrediting body that handles both schools.

Kansas State is a MUCH better school for IT.  So's Rockhurst.

If you have any contacts at potential employers, or if you can manage to talk
to some, ask them what they think.