What is the modern "Floppy-Based" router based on?

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Thu Mar 2 12:10:59 CST 2006

 Well, I think I started that email before I got any caffeine in my
system.  Come to think of it, I haven't had any yet today.  Maybe that
is my problem.  I was just emphasizing the point about them being
willing to do whatever it takes to get that last dollar from the
customer.  You gotta hand it to em.  They could sell ice to Eskimos and
not guarantee that it'll be froze when it arrives.

A recent study I read about indicates that it is very difficult to read
a person's emotional state via email or IM communication.  That is why
smilies and words in quotes are so helpful.  We don't have the visual
cues to tell us when people are joking or mad.  I added the typical geek
rant mode indicator, but could have easily added a tongue in cheek,
gagging or some other face I was making at the time.  I got in a hurry
at the end however as the phone started to ring and I needed to get some
real work done.  Most of the time I'm ranting, I'm also laughing at the
silliness of it all.