Somewhat OT: Spyware or Cancerous Software?

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Mon Nov 7 10:21:07 CST 2005

Are we now able to read AND write safely to NTFS?  If so, is the same
true for the NTFS that Windows 2000 and XP use, NTFS 5.0?  This is what
keeps me from having all my Winders installs in total NTFS format.  I
always leave at least one small partition as FAT32 for transfer.  One
BIG problem I have is that all my MP3s and movie files are in NTFS
drives and too big to copy all at once over to a ext3 or other type of
partition.

I think I saw a ext FS plug-in for Windows.  Anybody ever try that?

If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the
computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per
gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.  - Robert X.
Cringely