Firefox sercurity questions

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Sat May 28 00:11:15 CDT 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 10:31, Gary Hildebrand wrote:
> I've recently upgraded (if you can call it that) to SuSE 9.3 Pro, and it
> came with Firefox 1.0 as the default browser.
>
> Thinks started out pretty good, but now at various times my computer
> just seems to loose its attention.  I have to click again on links and
> buttons, just to get it to go where I want.
>
> I don't know whether that is a result of my slow prrocessor (500 MHz
> k6-2) or if someone hacked into Firefox while I was online.
>
> Just curious if you guys have seen anything similar . . .  ??????

I recently discovered that a horde of programs now take advantage of the
session save and restore functions in KDE and Gnome... things that you think
have been shut down (but that really went to a background process) that were
never added to any kind of "start up list" will keep coming back each time
you log in because they have been "restored to their previously running
state" by the session manager. You can solve this by telling the desktop
environment that you do NOT want to save a list of programs that are running
when you log out and do NOT attempt to restart them when you log back in.

It cleaned things up quite a bit for me.