Firefox sercurity questions

Jim Herrmann kclug at itdepends.com
Sat May 28 19:42:27 CDT 2005

I will try this out.  Just for those who don't spend a lot of time in
the KDE Control Center, I finally found the option Jason is referring
too in KDE Components -> Session Manager.  That might save some people
some time.

Thanks,
Jim

Jason Clinton wrote:

>On Friday 27 May 2005 10:31, Gary Hildebrand wrote:
>

>>I've recently upgraded (if you can call it that) to SuSE 9.3 Pro, and it
>>came with Firefox 1.0 as the default browser.
>>
>>Thinks started out pretty good, but now at various times my computer
>>just seems to loose its attention.  I have to click again on links and
>>buttons, just to get it to go where I want.
>>
>>I don't know whether that is a result of my slow prrocessor (500 MHz
>>k6-2) or if someone hacked into Firefox while I was online.
>>
>>Just curious if you guys have seen anything similar . . .  ??????
>>

>I recently discovered that a horde of programs now take advantage of the
>session save and restore functions in KDE and Gnome... things that you think
>have been shut down (but that really went to a background process) that were
>never added to any kind of "start up list" will keep coming back each time
>you log in because they have been "restored to their previously running
>state" by the session manager. You can solve this by telling the desktop
>environment that you do NOT want to save a list of programs that are running
>when you log out and do NOT attempt to restart them when you log back in.
>
>It cleaned things up quite a bit for me.

Progressive Values ARE American Values
Responsibility, Empathy, Freedom, Opportunity, Prosperity, Fairness,
Trust, Honesty, Open Communication, Community, Cooperation
http://musicalprogress.org/