Dates again

Jason Munro jason at stdbev.com
Thu May 5 10:48:26 CDT 2005

On 5:28:27 am 05/05/05 "Jonathan Hutchins" <hutchins at tarcanfel.org> wrote:
> Just a follow-up on our earlier discussion of why it's important to
> have your date set correctly:
>
> I'm using Squirrelmail pretty much exclusively right now, being in
> England.  SM 1.4.4 doesn't have the ability to sort by order
> received, nor to find "next unread message". It's not a problem in
> this list, but in my main inbox I've accumulated six "new" messages
> buried somewhere in the "past" because their date is incorrect.  Most
> likely just spam, and I'll track them down when I get home, but there
> it is.
>
> I just deleted the offending messages in here that were "stuck" at
> the top of the list because of their back-to-the-future dates.

Squirrelmail does allow you to sort by receive date, it's in Options ->
Display prefs -> Enable Sort by Receive Date:. IMAP supports an INTERNAL
DATE value that represents the received date of the message independant of
whatever date is in the headers. If you want a web based mail client
similar to squirrelmail that does allow you to see all unread messages for
selected folders without having to page through them you can check out my
project here:

http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/

We have a "new mail" page that can be configured to display unread messages
in any folder in your IMAP account. You can operate on the messages
directly (delete/move/read/), sort them by any method your IMAP server
supports as well as collapse and expand each folders view.

\__  Jason Munro
 \__ jason at stdbev.com
  \__ http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/