Dates again

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Thu May 5 16:29:06 CDT 2005

On Thu, May 5, 2005 10:48 am, Jason Munro said:

> Squirrelmail does allow you to sort by receive date, it's in Options ->
> Display prefs -> Enable Sort by Receive Date:.

Having an option vs. actually sorting the mail that way are two different things though,
at least with this installation.  Thanks for the reminder, but it's already checked.

> If you want a web based mail client
> similar to squirrelmail that does allow you to see all unread messages for
> selected folders without having to page through them you can check out my
> project here:
>
> http://hastymail.sourceforge.net/

I tend to sort my mail into folders, for mailing lists and such, so a consolidated "new
mail" page is pretty useless to me.  Being able to quickly and easily toggle "view new
messages only" would be very useful.

KMail has a search window that affects the currently displayed folder, and I've been
finding it very useful.

I may play with your project when I get back, as mail has been one of my main projects
for <ahem> many years, but for my webmail I need to keep in sync with a production
server that has very illiterate clients, and to offer them as little challenge as I can.