DSL Modem/Router wanted

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Tue Jan 25 12:18:21 CST 2005

Yeah, can't hope to do much better than $0.017/minute
Thanks for finding it.

> I think that the cheapest thing to do is probably find out how they do
> things over there with networking (I don't think is much if anything
> different) and just buy a linksys/netgear or compatible cable/dsl
> router. Just buy online and ship to her just that simple, you might
> need to purchase another cable with that cable/dsl router.
Yeah he should be able to mail a package to her without a lot of expense
(relatively speaking). Which is probably why he's seeking a used one from.
The only gotcha to worry about is will a US DSL/modem work out of the box
in England? Or did they pull some sneaky crap like with DVD players or
are the phone jacks different. In which case a custom made cable might also need
to be made before shipping. As, I suspect Jonathan's wife doesn't have any means
of making a custom phone cable. The possible cable issue is the only issue I would
suspect is necessary to deal with as she probably already has an adaptor for the
wall socket.

I'd be curious to know why the usb-pcmcia option didn't work. Moot that it is.
A windows 98 issue?

Brian Densmore