DSL Modem/Router wanted

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Jan 25 13:45:43 CST 2005

On Tue, January 25, 2005 12:18 pm, Brian Densmore said:

> Yeah he should be able to mail a package to her without a lot of expense

Except for those 30% import duties - which is why I'm thinking it might be
worthwhile to try a used one.

I can get a power supply - standard line voltage there is 240V. - and I
think the DSL line standards are the same.  They don't use RJ-xx jacks,
but adaptors are readily available.

> I'd be curious to know why the usb-pcmcia option didn't work.

Limited ability to do troubleshooting.  Among other things, they're six
hours ahead of us, so I have to stay home at noon to catch her when she
comes home from work at six.

> A windows 98 issue?

That's a whole 'nother can of worms, but it didn't work there either