programmer or serial killer?

Brian Kelsay bkelsay at comcast.net
Sat Jan 8 13:04:07 CST 2005

Richard A. Franklin wrote:

> This quiz is actually a better use of your time than trying to make Jim
> feel like a dumb adolescent for leaving his laptops in a car (I am sure
> he already feels like $&%@, knows "what went wrong", or is completely
> over it ... so go beat up on yourself if you have nothing better to do).
> BTW, I am surprised that Google only revealed 417 results for "pedantic
> nitpicking". After all, pedantic nitpicking is what people do, and they
> either get over it or they don't.

Sorry, not trying to make Jim feel bad, it just sounded that way.  It
was merely an environmental unfriendliness warning for other laptop
users and Jim if he gets his replacement.  One place I worked lost 8
laptops in the same pre-Christmas week.  6 from cars parked in front of
the bosses house while at his Christmas party.  Jim's a big boy and I'm
sure he'll deal with it okay.  It's the data loss that can really hurt.
And Richard, pedantic nitpicking is a sport we geeks form teams for.
I've heard that it is a long ways down the list of future sports to be
voted on by the IOC for Olympic status.  I can wait.