anybody using SBC Yahoo DSL?

docv consulting at vaitl.net
Thu Jan 6 20:34:45 CST 2005

I've been running mail, web, DNS, and FTP servers on a SBC aDSL for the
last 3 years. I was not here when the install happened, my wife was. As
I recall I had left instructions to just have the installer set things
up on my box booted into windo$e and took care of everything else when I
got home later. I had no trouble getting things working right off the bat.

The only outages I have experienced have been with my servers, nothing
due to SBC's equip. Only talked to CS more than a few minutes, once. It
was about getting my mail.vaitl.net server to reverse DNS to the proper
IP (Roadrunner will not accept mail from a server it can not get a
proper reverse DNS answer to the IP address). That was taken care of
within 2 business days and not a lick of trouble with it since.

I do know that at the time I had the install, neither RR (had that prior
to DSL) or SBC would talk to me once they found out I was not using MSIE
and Windo$e. They flat out told me, "We don't support anything else, not
even Netscape."

--
Steve Vaitl, D.C.
Certified Chiropractic Sports Physician
docv at relievemypain.com
(816)524-7000

Adjunct Professor, Biology and Human Anatomy
Kansas City Kansas Community College