Prices

Kelsay, Brian - Kansas City, MO brian.kelsay at kcc.usda.gov
Wed Aug 24 07:25:40 CDT 2005

I like how Monty thinks on this and I'd go $30-40/hour also.  What you
have to remember when figuring a rate to charge is that if this was your
only business, you would have to pay for health insurance for yourself
on top of getting a salary.  This almost always comes out to double the
hourly rate you would make if you were an employee.  But, if you are a
sole proprietor and working on multiple contracts, they each pay a
portion of this to get your services.  This makes sense because they
only need 1/3, 1/2 or some other fraction of your time.  It is then up
to you to fill the rest of your time slots.  I personally like a
full-time contract or reg. employment, but you can make this work and
occasionally make more money.

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
---Occam