Prices

Rick Meeker rmeeker at kc.rr.com
Thu Aug 25 18:09:05 CDT 2005

Bare in mind also that as an employee of some company, you only pay half of
FICA, and your company pays the other half.  When you're self-employed, then
you essentially get to pay your Social Security tax twice.  Therefore, I'd
suggest that $30-$40/hour is good for part time contract work, but you
should think about charging a little more based upon your experience.  It
should also always be negotiable based on the type of work (e.g. designing
an infrastructure implementation versus doing the repetitive grunt work to
implement the design).  Don't let your customers get the better of you
though as you don't want to "work for free."