Trouble with my new Compaq DL380

Jon Moss jon.moss at cnonline.net
Sat Sep 11 13:34:38 CDT 2004

Runlevel 3 was the key.  I don't need GUI on this server anyway.  I can do
everything I need remotely so long as I have an IP addrses.  I had to turn
Samba and Apache on for Runlevel 3 and now it's working smoothly again.  I
edited inittab (of course) and have restarted the server a couple of
times.

I still have the issue of not being able to do an init 6 (restart).  It
just hangs and never restarts.  Init 0 works fine, it actually powers the
server down like it should.

Thanks for all the help!  It's back up and working again.

Jon

--
Thanks very much,

Jon Moss