Runlevels

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Sat Sep 11 15:34:46 CDT 2004

On Saturday 11 September 2004 09:08 am, Jon Moss wrote:

> Kewl!  I knew there was a way to do this!  I have grub installed and
> was trying to figure out how to change the boot settings yesterday...

One of the nice tricks you can do with LILO is "lilo -R <comand>", where
"command" is whatever you would pass the bootloader on the next reboot.  It
can be a label, or a label and a modifier like "linux single" or "windows".

It's nice not to have to sit over it while it reboots to a different OS.

I have yet to hear of any wayt to do this with grub...