Using a router server to filter the Internet?

Jason Clinton me at jasonclinton.com
Tue May 4 14:17:45 CDT 2004

--=-nI8pmQqkn+8KdvltMSqR

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 08:29, Brian Kelsay wrote:
> It can also use Blacklists from SquidGuard and/or Dan's.

Ya know, I was just thinking about being 16. If my parents had tried
something like this, I probably would have cracked it in a matter of
days. I would convince my father than I needed SSH (22) out of the
firewall for 'programming with my friends on the internet' and then I'd
VPN tunnel over SSH to one of my many buddies in the Netherland or
Russia. I'd generate sufficient local web traffic to make it appear that
nothing had changed and do all my questionable surfing via international
proxy.

Just some thoughts. Granted, most kids wouldn't be able to accomplish
something like this but I think the point is that kids will find it
/somehow/ no matter what you do.

--=-nI8pmQqkn+8KdvltMSqR

--=-nI8pmQqkn+8KdvltMSqR--