Anti-spam SMTP mods

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Tue Mar 9 23:59:08 CST 2004

On Tuesday, March 09, 2004 02:18 pm, Daniel Siemens wrote:

>  SBC Yahoo DSL will set up reverse DNS for you if you ask them to do it.

One of the very few good things about them.  Does that apply to the $40/mo
128K pppoe accounts?

> You are running servers on dynamic connections?   Do you have any delays
> when you IP updates for DNS to correctly adjust?   Which Dynamic DNS
> provider are you using?   Are they any good?

I'm only "dynamic" in the sense that I'm in an address block that is listed as
dynamic by the blackhole lists.  Even if you were to get a DNS listing, if
your IP is in a retail DSL, Cable Modem, or Dial-Up block, it will be listed
and some sites will block you.

I have RoadRunner residential, and my IP hasn't changed for years.  Mostly I
don't care if anyone can reach my systems with a domain name instead of an
IP, but if I do I can just have the registrar point it to this IP and it
works.