Anyone suggest any good Linux based filtering software?

Charles Steinkuehler charles at steinkuehler.net
Mon Jun 28 11:21:57 CDT 2004

Joe Cho wrote:

> Could you recommend one of good free email Linux based filtering?
> and some of configuration help would be grateful.

I run SpamAssassin on the office mail server (apx 50 users), which works
quite well.

I've heard really good reports about bogofilter, as well, but it needs
to be trained and I think is more applicable to implementation on a
per-user basis (or perhaps on a small 2-3 person domain, if enabled
globally).

As a side note, I also use the junk mail controls in Mozilla, which seem
to work a *LOT* better on an account that's filtered by SpamAssassin (I
run a pretty high threashold to avoid false positives, so quite a bit of
junk still gets through) than it does on a 'raw' account with no
pre-filtering.

--
Charles Steinkuehler
charles at steinkuehler.net