DNS Help

Brian Kelsay BLKELSAY at kcc.usda.gov
Fri Jun 25 15:44:01 CDT 2004

I have a domain I purchased at godaddy.com and I was using free hosting at 1and1.com, but I want to
just put the site on my server at home.   Here's the delimma.  GoDaddy will do DNS if you use one
of their hosting plans or if you just want to park a domain, otherwise you have to provide your own
DNS.   When I was trying to build a site at 1&1 I was using their DNS, but I switched it back to
just a parked domain at godaddy until I figured out what I wanted to do.

Any recommendations as to where I can get free DNS to point mydomain.com to my home IP?   I already
know how to setup the firewall to redirect port 80 to the webserver.  I previously used dyndns.org
for a free subdomain account, but they charge about 24.95/yr for basic DNS of your own domain.
That's a bit much for something I'm just screwing around w/ at home.    I also want to be able to
direct the MX.

Brian Kelsay