Mandrake 10.0 Web Browsing

Adrian Gordinier adrian at gordinier.net
Wed Jun 9 02:13:58 CDT 2004

Hi all,

Has anybody had web browsing troubles with the new Mandrake 10.0. I
started with a machine that had 9.2 on it and then I did the upgrade to
10.0 Community. I did install the 2.6 kernel and I am using Mozilla 1.6.
It seems to take forever to resolve the addresses. Some pages
miraculously load pretty quick but 99% take forever. I am using RR and
before with 9.2 it was really fast. Ftp and other large downloads are
real fast but the lookup times again are slow. I am at a loss. I
upgraded again to 10.0 Official when it came out but it made no
difference. I have tried changing dns servers in resolv.conf and
rebuilding the connection several times but it makes no difference. My
wife's Mandrake 9.2 computer is still really fast.

Anybody have any ideas??

Adrian