Mandrake 10.0 Web Browsing

Jonathan dj_goku at boobie.no-ip.com
Wed Jun 9 04:46:49 CDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 21:13, Adrian Gordinier wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Has anybody had web browsing troubles with the new Mandrake 10.0. I
> started with a machine that had 9.2 on it and then I did the upgrade to
> 10.0 Community. I did install the 2.6 kernel and I am using Mozilla 1.6.
> It seems to take forever to resolve the addresses. Some pages
> miraculously load pretty quick but 99% take forever. I am using RR and
> before with 9.2 it was really fast. Ftp and other large downloads are
> real fast but the lookup times again are slow. I am at a loss. I
> upgraded again to 10.0 Official when it came out but it made no
> difference. I have tried changing dns servers in resolv.conf and
> rebuilding the connection several times but it makes no difference. My
> wife's Mandrake 9.2 computer is still really fast.
>
> Anybody have any ideas??
>
> Adrian

I'm not sure how mandrake is with updating like that, but I would
probably say just backup the data and reinstall with 10. I have never
had problems with net ever being slow other when ppl are upload on the
same connection, hubs, and rr problems (like packet loss). You might see
how much packet loss you have if any, ifconfig should show you.

JtotheO