Linux on the Desktop

Jonathan Hutchins hutchins at tarcanfel.org
Wed Jan 28 23:28:28 CST 2004

On Wednesday 28 January 2004 02:36 pm, Rick Franklin wrote:

> Fortunately, it has not required any serious time to get SUSE 9.0 to
> perform brilliantly on my desktop. The laptop, well, that was a slightly
> different matter.

It's easy to see that there are more and more of the former experience
happening, and fewer of the latter problem.

I left my wife with a Mandrake 9.1 desktop in England, and she hasn't needed
any help with it.  It took some work to get it running.

I guess it's been a while since I tried doing a stand-alone, dial-up system
for a non-knowledgable user.  Unlike others, I usually find problems with
older hardware and linux.