Linux on the Desktop

Brian Densmore DensmoreB at ctbsonline.com
Wed Jan 28 18:46:13 CST 2004

Yep. That said, I use Linux for my family desktop. While there are things
that are harder to do in Linux. Others are easier. Some things are not harder
but take more time. Others less. This is my own experience. There are really
very few things that I have trouble with:
1) How to print photos at photo size resolution,
2) Sharing my printer over the LAN (something I never tried in M$).
Everything else just seems to work for me. but then maybe my needs are few.
I'm not a gamer, because if I was that would be *all* I did. ;)
I could easily put together a system for someone to use as a desktop.
It all depends on what is needed. There are lots of places using Linux
now as a desktop. So to say that it just isn't there is just FUD. Sure
it is nowhere near as slick as M$, But let's be fair M$ has been doing it a lot
longer and they have a whole pile lot more money to throw at it.