I thought you were kidding about a near-KCI Airport location!

Bradley Miller bradmiller_kclug at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 28 15:21:36 CST 2004

At 08:20 AM 1/28/2004, Brian Densmore wrote:
>decent living. KC travel distances and times are dwarfed by other
>Metro areas in the country. If only Kansas Citians would learn how
>to drive, life would be good. ;)
>(Ah, how I've gotten spoiled with the short distances in KC)

The worst part about KC is the urban sprawl and the roads leading into/out
of it.   The KC Scout system is a fruitless exercise in tax dollars going
out the window.  We already have orange cones, signs, and even people
directing traffic for some ding dong in his/her "make room for me too SUV"
to come barging through traffic and hold up the flow.  That means thirty
other cars will follow their lead and come snaking into traffic
also.   Even law enforcement vehicles on the side of the road are a target
with the HUPA driving public.  In addition to just navigating, traffic
reports and traffic signage is of little consequence if there is only a few
ways around to begin with.  If there is a wreck on northbound 71, (like a
while back) then all the other routes are clogged with traffic, and in just
as bad a shape.