session timeout when booting gnome

Pamisano pamisano at kc.rr.com
Wed Jan 28 15:02:51 CST 2004

I just finally got Demudi 1.1.0 installed and running.  DeMuDi is a
musician's distro for music composition.  Comes with tons of midi utilities,
sequencers and other music utilities.

Anyway, it also uses Gnome.  However, when I log into gnome I get a session
time-out error after 10 seconds, so it never actually gets into gnome.  The
error stated there was no gnome-session file.  So, not really knowing what
that meant, I created an empty gnome-session file.  Now the error gives me a
succes regarding the gnome-session file, but still times-out prior to
booting into gnome.

any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thx,

pete