How do I fix a monitor resolution problem?

Greg Kedrovsky greg at iglesia-del-este.com
Fri Jan 2 01:14:17 CST 2004

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 05:11:28PM -0600, Jonathan Hutchins wrote:

> On Thursday, January 01, 2004 01:27 pm, Greg Kedrovsky wrote:
> > I agree. I used RedHat for about a year and continually had problems
> > with its hardware detection (specifically in the area of ide and scsi
> > drives).
>
> I don't have any problems with the RedHat systems I run - 7.2 & 7.3 on three
> boxes.  Then again, they're servers, and I don't go messing around with the
> hardware very often.  I also don't reboot them very often.

All my problems occurred on reboot. I used to have to dual-boot Win98
quite often for software purposes (stuff I use not avail. in Linux,
yet). I'd get a couple "clean" boots out of RH, and then 3 or 4 or 5 in
a row would hose my configuration and I'd have to change it manually. I
got pretty good at it there after a while. I could whip out the 4 or 5
changes in a matter of seconds! Reminded me of the good ol' days,
being able field strip and re-assemble my M1911-A1 U.S.M.C. sidearm in
42 seconds blindfolded! OOORAH!!!!

Sorry... got carried away there... I just got done watching a violent
action film.

-Greg

--
Mutt 1.4.1i on Slackware 9.1 Linux